I. SUPPLEMENTAL FEEDING
A. Target Recipients
- Undernourished 6 months to 12 years old children (priority given to younger age group – 6 years old & below)
- Underweight pregnant and lactating women
- 1 meal a day, 5 days a week for 6 months or a total of 120 days
- Food can be complete meal or heavy snacks
- Gather children together in one site during snacks time or in between regular meals
- Use of food supplements: Vitameal or MannaPack Fortified Rice
- Manpower includes parish, NGO, LGU volunteers and most importantly PARENTS OF THE ENROLLED CHILDREN
- Donation of Feed the Children Philippines from the US
- Mixture of rice and lentil enriched with vitamins and minerals
- One bag of 2385 grams could feed 80 to 100 children
- Mixed with food or cooked as is and given to children for the 6 months feeding
ii. MannaPack Food Supplements
- Donation of Feed My Starving Children sent to the Philippines by Risen Saviour Missions
- Three types of MannaPack food supplements are available: MannaPack Fortified Rice, MannaPack Fortified Potato-D and MannaPack Fortified Potato-W.
- MannaPack Fortified Rice is made of natural grown rice, dried vegetables, soy protein, 20 vitamins, minerals and chicken flavoring. One bag of about 385 grams could feed 6 children. Given to children being fed for 6 months under the regular supplemental feeding
- MannaPack Fortified Potato food supplements made of potatoes fortified with vitamins and minerals used for special feeding.
- MannaPack Fortified Potato-W is given to younger infants for weaning purposes or complementary feeding and to children with severe cases of malnutrition.
- MannaPack Fortified Potato-D is given to patients with diarrhea or cholera.
- Feeding with MannaPack Potato is done at home for three months only.
II. EDUCATION CLASSES
Education classes for parents are conducted simultaneously covering topics on (a) Affective Parenting (b) Health and Nutrition (c) Responsible Parenthood-Natural Family Planning and Values and (d) Livelihood.
III. LIVELIHOOD AND SKILLS TRAINING
Skills training are conducted and livelihood opportunities are provided in partnership with government and non-government organizations to help the parents help themselves and their children. The parents who have undergone the education classes are the ones eligible for the available livelihood opportunities.
For updates on available partnerships for skills trainings and livelihood opportunities, please check program updates or click here.